What content is acceptable for designs on Zazzle?
This is an important question and new designers sometimes find themselves in hot water when posting products for sale that have copyrighted, trademarked or questionable content on them. The following verbatim reprint of the official Zazzle guidelines will help you steer clear of these disturbing and often disruptive issues.
Acceptable Content Guidelines
We would like for everyone to enjoy all the products that Zazzle has to offer. We fully respect the rights to free expression, and are thrilled that Zazzle products enable people to express themselves fully in the real world.
To ensure that Zazzle continues to be enjoyed by everyone, we have a few rules that we ask for everyone to abide by. The following content is not permitted at Zazzle:
- No text or images that infringe on any intellectual property rights including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and rights of privacy/publicity
- No text or images of obscenity, pornography or nudity that is not artistic in nature
- No text or images that encourage or glorify drug use/abuse
- No excessive violence
- No content that is libelous or defamatory
- No content that can reasonably be viewed as harassing, threatening, or otherwise harmful
- No hate speech
- No content that can reasonably be viewed as discriminatory based upon race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability
- No content that violates or encourages anyone else to violate any law
Any products that are deemed unacceptable by the rules above, or deemed offensive or in bad taste at the sole judgment of Zazzle will have the products cancelled and removed from the Marketplace with or without notice.
Zazzle Content Ratings
You must also comply with our Ratings System when posting your products. Choose the link corresponding to your Zazzle portal to view its specific ratings system.
If you have any concerns about a product, please click the “Report Violation” link on the product page, or you can contact our Content Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click this illustration to see complete list of world famous brands available for customization and purchase
Customization Of Officially Licensed Merchandise
Zazzle is proud to be in association with a myriad of content partners. With the power of Zazzle, you have the ability of online customization for your favorite movie characters, music artists and branded products. In addition to our Acceptable Content Guidelines, we ask you to follow a few more rules.
Here you will find the guidelines of what is generally prohibited for printing on officially licensed merchandise:
- No text or images that may be considered offensive or be controversial to others in any manner
- No sexual connotations
- No images or references of illegal drugs
- No names of politicians or political statements
- No business advertising
- No church names, company names, school names, abbreviations of school names or sports teams, trademarks, slogans or tag lines
- No events other than those with a family name incorporated (“Johnson Family Reunion”)
- No text or images that may place the brand or any of its affiliates in a negative light or which the brand does not wish to have placed on its products
For Appropriate Use Guidelines for Disney products click here.
For Appropriate Use Guidelines for Custom Stamps click here.
For Appropriate Use Guidelines for Keds Shoes click here.
The Zazzle User Agreement
For a full description of our acceptable content guidelines, please see our User Agreement. Simply choose the link corresponding to your local Zazzle international portal.
The Zazzle Nonexclusive License Agreement
If you publish your product for sale, you must agree to our Nonexclusive License Agreement.
For a full description of our Copyright/IP Policy, click here.
The Fine Print:
1. We reserve the right to decline to use your uploaded image or text at our sole discretion.
2. Prior to uploading an image or text, you must read carefully and make certain you understand our User Agreement.
You must own all rights (including copyright) in the image and text you upload or have the written permission of ALL persons who own (a) the rights to upload the image or text and (b) the rights to authorize the uses permitted in the User Agreement. If someone other than you is the owner of the image or appears in it or has created the text, you must obtain such permission from those persons. If you upload any image or text that violates our User Agreement, your account may be terminated.
By clicking “Make it now”, you certify that (a) you have read and agree to the User Agreement; (b) the image does not violate the User Agreement; (c) you own or have obtained all Rights necessary to upload this image and/or text and authorize the uses permitted in the User Agreement; and (d) you are granting Zazzle the license to make all such uses of the image and/or text.
Famous Brands Marketplace
by Stuccoloco --click to view details or to purchase